Introduction to Yoga & Mindfulness
Noticing how our Bodies Feel
To Develop our Imaginary Play Skills through Yoga
A fun session where children learn poses around our theme of the sea and practise these poses whilst keeping an eye out for the shark! The children ‘hide’ from the shark in the different poses and consider how each of these poses make them feel.
They begin to develop their imaginary play skills through yoga by making a pizza - bending, twisting and turning as they add their favourite toppings before eating them!
We end the session by taking a journey under the sea once again and the children visit the many different sea creatures, practising becoming still and relaxing together.
Estimated Length of Lesson (including videos and audios): 45-50 minutes.
- Yoga or gym mats
- Bell or similar instrument
- Teachers with yoga experience may wish to teach without using the videos / audios downloads:
- Pose Cards for this whole unit:
Lesson 2 - Feel Good Sea Creatures Pose Cards (*please check if you need these for this lesson before printing!).
Remind children repeatedly to move out of any poses that don’t feel good. The children should not be pushed to do any position that they don’t feel ready for but encouraged to try things gently and carefully, always listening to their bodies.
Lesson Pack: Plan and Delivery Slides
Click on the images below for everything you will need to teach the lesson:
1) Detailed Lesson Plan pdf. for preparation before the class.
2) Lesson Delivery Slides for the children, including teacher guidance notes. When the link opens it should take you straight into presentation mode - if not, click 'Present' at the top or click the 'Full Screen' icon at the bottom in the black bar. You can manage the presentation using this black bar.
1) Detailed Lesson Plan
2) Lesson Delivery Slides
Please note that these links are also in your Detailed Lesson Plan and under 'Equipment / Resources' on this page above:
Download links for this lesson / unit
Pose Cards for this whole unit: